Blockade is a basic 2D platformer game, consisting of 25 levels that are navigated through to help Dong reach the end of the game.
The objective of Blockade is simple - reach the end of every level whilst scoring points to gain a higher place on the high scores at the end of the game. Rarer gems boost score higher. A secondary objective is to die as few times as possible; else your death count will increase. Deaths happen as a result in being killed by several traps, the player should be as nimble as possible to avoid these.
- Spike Wall - Instant death if hit, these move towards the centre of the level and then reset after reaching the end.
- Cannon - Fires a bullet across the level at a steady pace. There is however a brief pause before they begin firing.
- Ice Gun - Functions similarly to the Cannon, but results in the player being frozen for 5 seconds.
- Poison Gun - Again, the same as the above, but places the player in a poisoned state for 5 seconds.
Gems are the backbone of point scoring in Blockade and its sequel.
Gems of Blockade:
- Sapphire - 10
- Emerald - 25
- Ruby - 50
- Golden - 100
- Diamond - 500
Status Effects Edit
- Frozen - Prevents movement for 5 seconds. Dong takes on a blue, ice-cube like state.
- Poisoned - Greatly reduces speed for 5 seconds. Dong gains a sickly green colour and a facial expression.
- Death - Dong will leap into the air and die.
- Left - Left Arrowkey
- Right - Right Arrowkey
- Pause - P Key
Related Games Edit